Bridging the Gap between Climate Change Science and Public Initiatives for Action
Why ACT NOW?
Based on robust scientific evidence, there is an urgent need to mitigate anthropogenic climate change (IPCC, 2019). However, there is a significant gap between scientific and public understanding of the risks posed by climate change (J. N. Rooney-Varga, 2018). Continuing warnings from the scientific community are not strong enough to generate the individual and governmental actions necessary to meet international climate goal.
What is ACT NOW?
''Bridging the Gap between Climate Change science and Public Initiatives for Action''- ActNow is a project which focuses on bridging the gap between the scientific community and the public through the development of new educational tools and methods in non-formal and informal contexts that are engaging for young people. The project aims to empower the young people to act as agents of change for environmental and sustainable development using Mobile Augmented Reality Games and Simulations Games.
1. Build the capacity of front-line youth workers to use bespoke Mobile Augmented Reality
and Simulations Games.
2. Provide youth workers and youth professionals with the tools and methodology to implement, evaluate and assess key competences of young people through action researchbased.;
3. Make use of the existing AR and Simulation games platforms and provide youth workers with the necessary technical knowledge to create their content for fostering young people key competences through learning about Climate Change;
4. Increase knowledge about Climate Change and its impacts through non-formal and informal methods;
5. Enhance critical thinking and active citizenship among young people to strengthen democracy and combat climate change.
ACCION LABORAL PLATAFORMA PARA LA
IMPLANTACION DE PROGRAMAS DE INCLUSION
LABORAL EN COLECTIVOS DESFAVORECIDOS
CREATIVE THINKING DEVELOPMENT Greece
Institute for Technology Transfer and Innovations Bulgaria
PROGEU-PROGRESS IN EUROPEAN UNION -
ISTITUTO PER LO SVILUPPO Italy
CROMO FOUNDATION Hungary
Project webpage: https://www.actnow-europa.eu/